Scotland is an exciting place where you could spend weeks exploring, and luckly there is public showers facilities you can use for a small cost – which is better than smelling for days! Not everyone has a shower in their van, and even those who do sometimes want a nice hot, long shower… somthing you can’t do with a limited water supply!
Here are some locations in Scotland for public showers we have found whilst exploring or browsing the internet.
We cannot garantee the quality and availablity of these showers or costs, but it gives you a good idea where to look around and who to contact.
Train Station, £3.50pp clean and includes a fresh towel
Glencoe Ski Centre has showers for £1 for 5 minutes
- Public toilets, fresh warm towel fab for £1
- Mallaig Marina Centre has toilet, shower and laundry facilities
- Kilchoan Visitor Shower and Toilet block
- Glenuig village hall has toilet and shower facilities available to the public year-round
Public toilets, next door to Tesco Metro. Attendant hires out fresh towels for a couple quid.
Badenoch Centre on Spey Street in Kingussie – leisure centre charges £3 for use of showers only.
Kyle of Lochalsh
Public toilet with showers (link)
West Argyle Street public showers
Public toilets with showers
Village hall – open from 4pm during the summer when you can use the showers. Donations welcome – there is a phone number on the notice board to contact someone if you want to use the facilities outside of these times.
Argyll & Bute
North Pier Building. Open 8am till 6pm. Fee from £1
Loch Lomand & The Trossachs
Balloch, Loch Lomand
Duncan mills memorial slipway, Balloch, Loch Lomond, has use of toilets and showers they are free to use but there is a donation box at desk.
McLaren Leisure Centre has shower facilities for a small fee.
The Outer Hebrides
- Lochboisdale – Public Toilets and Showers at the Marina and the Pier
- Eriskay Ferry Terminal has use of showers and toilets.
Isle of Harris
- Horgabost beach. showers were built in to a old container in the car park
- Leverburgh Ferry Terminal has toilets and shower facilities
- Tarbert Pier Marina Habour Office has toilets, showers and laundry for a small fee
Isle of Barra
Castlebay Ferry terminal has shower and toilet facilities
Isle of Lewis
- Stornoway – Lewis Sports Centre will let you use their showers for a small fee.
- Ardroil Sands has a coin operated facilities block with showers, toilets and laundry facilites.
- Ness – Use of Showers, Toilets and Chemical Disposal Point at Leisure Centre for a small fee.
The Inner Hebrides
Isle of Mull
- Tobermory Visitor Centre has toilets and lovely showers and laundry for a small fee (around £2)
- Craignure Bunkhouse – can use showers and toilets in summer between 4.30pm and 7.30pm, £3 for 20mins
Isle of Jura
- Craighouse on the Isle of Jura is in a brilliant setting and has free camping (they only ask for a donation to a charity) with showers and laundry around the back of the hotel.
- behind the Craighouse hotel, coin operated plus laundry facilities
Isle of Skye
- Glenelg and Arnisdale Community Hall – can use showers from 8am till 8pm between April and October for a small fee
- Portree – The Fingal Swimming Centre – can use showers for a small fee
Isle of Eigg
There are showers and toilets at the pier.
Public showers at the Glentress Trail Centre £1 for ten minutes. Six showers available.
Gretna motorway services have showers. They aren’t great and prone to flooding, can sometimes jamon and not very hot but it’s still a wash.
Map of Public Showers in Scotland
Found any public shower facitilies in Scotland we havent got in our list?
Leave a comment and we will update the list for everyone!